All pre-orders in an order will be shipped as soon as they are all in stock. Sometimes this is 1-2 weeks early, sometimes this might be 1-2 weeks after the street date.
If other in-stock items are ordered at the same time, all items will ship together. If you want your in-stock items shipped immediately, please place pre-orders separately.
All dates, artwork and features are subject to change.
Fearless documentary filmmaker Laura Poitras’s career-long pursuit of truth and justice finds powerful expression in an epic story of art, activism, and survival. Made in collaboration with renowned artist Nan Goldin, All the Beauty and the Bloodshed entwines the mission of PAIN—an advocacy group she founded to raise awareness about the billionaire Sackler family’s integral role in the ongoing crisis of opioid overdoses—with an intimate journey through Goldin’s life, from her rebellious adolescence and immersion in New York City’s thriving underground arts scene to her personal experiences of addiction and the AIDS epidemic. Through it all, her indelible photographs and candid reflections on memory and trauma reveal her unyielding solidarity with marginalized communities that refuse to remain silent.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
- New high-definition digital master, approved by director Laura Poitras and artist Nan Goldin, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
- New interview with Poitras
- Two conversations from the 2022 New York Film Festival, one featuring Poitras, Goldin, coproducer and PAIN activist Megan Kapler, PAIN activist Harry Cullen, and lawyer and PAIN member Mike Quinn discussing the making of the film, and the other featuring Goldin on art and activism
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing and English descriptive audio
- PLUS: An essay by author and activist Sarah Schulman
Photography by Nan Goldin